Stanley Lim specialises in Banking & Finance (both domestic and international) and has also worked on initial public offerings of shares involving domestic as well as PRC companies and other equity capital market transactions. His principal focus is on bilateral and syndicated loans, collective sale financing, trade finance, project finance, acquisition finance and assets and assets-backed finance and corporate and debt restructuring.
Some of the recent transactions he has been involved in include:
- Acted as Singapore counsel for Perstorp Group, a Swedish specialty chemicals company, in relation to its senior and mezzanine debt refinancing through the US$1.09 billion senior secured and second lien notes issue;
- Acted as Singapore counsel for NXP B.V., NXP Semiconductors N.V., NXP Funding LLC (the borrowers) and NXP Semiconductors Singapore Pte Ltd (the guarantor and security provider) in relation to the €500 million secured revolving credit facility granted by, amongst others, Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc., Barclays Bank PLC, Bank of America, N.A., London Branch and Deutsch Bank N.A., London Branch;
- Acted for the arrangers and facility agent in the S$837 million unsecured floating rate term loan facility granted to Mapletree Industrial Trust (MIT) to partially refinance existing bank loans in relation to MIT’s initial public offering in October 2010;
- Acted for DBS Bank Ltd as lender in relation to credit facilities to be granted in respect of the management buyout by a private equity and venture capital firm of a private company, which is one of the market leaders in the heavy lifting equipment business in Singapore; and
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Gammon Capital West Pte Limited (Gammon Capital) in relation to a public private partnership project (PPP Project) to design, build, finance and operate the proposed development of the new ITE College West.
Stanley is recognised as a leading banking and finance lawyer in Chambers Global/Asia-Pacific 2012 to 2014 and is a recommended banking and finance lawyer in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2012 to 2014. He is also noted as a leading lawyer in Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2014 and 2015, and Best Lawyers 2014/2015 and 2016.
Asialaw Profiles 2014 noted that “Lim is singled out as a partner to watch” for banking and finance, and quoted a client who commended him: “Among the younger lawyers, [he] has gained solid experience over years. Technically competent and able to grasp situations quickly to come up with advice to meet the needs from both sides.”
Stanley was also praised for his negotiation skills in the Chambers Global/Asia-Pacific 2012 and 2013. The 2012 edition further noted Stanley’s “sound knowledge of Singapore business law” and “ability to work with the banks’ clients and their legal teams.” The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 also described Stanley as a lawyer who is “always very attentive”.